The KLINGER Group of Independent Companies was founded in 1886 by Richard Klinger. Driven by challenges associated with glass tube indicators on steam engines he filed an early patent for a reflection level gauge, soon followed by innovations of compressed fibre gaskets and piston valves. Already at that time, the KLINGER brand was built on solutions for the most demanding industries.
Starting off from a small workshop outside Vienna (Austria), the KLINGER site in Gumpoldskirchen has continously been extended and is now serving as the group‘s largest production site.
Today, the KLINGER group is recognized as reliable partner for global Sealing and Fluid Control solutions, employing over 2300 professionals and operating over 60 manufacturing, distribution and service hubs on all continents. Total sales exceed €420M.
Westad Industri AS is 100% owned by Klinger.